Get a Library Card
The Robert W. Rowe Public Library District includes Mission Township and the part of Miller Township that is included in Community Unit #2 School District. If you live in our service area you may get a library card , renewable every three years, free of charge as part of your tax-supported library service.
Your library card allows you to:
- Borrow items from our library and from most other public libraries in Illinois.
- Renew books from the website.
- Use special online collections to find magazine articles and information you can’t get just by searching the web.
- Use the public computers.
To get a library card, simply bring in proof of your physical address and a photo ID, such as a Driver’s License. You will be asked to fill out an application form to receive your card.
Families living outside of the library’s service area but are included in Community Unit #2 School District are considered non-residents of the library district and are able to purchase a library card. Non-resident family cards will be calculated using the tax bill method and be valid for one year.
- Non-Resident Taxpayer – The library tax rate or equivalent, including all special levies, is applied to the non-resident property owner’s principal residence assessed valuation on an individual, case by case basis. The most recent property tax bill will be used. The property owner will pay the same amount as would be paid if the property were in the library service area.
- Non-Resident Renter – The library rate will be 15% of the monthly rent as an annual non-resident fee. The renter shall provide the library a current rent receipt or a cancelled rent check for verification purposes.
- Minimum fee – A minimum fee of $50.00 will be charged.